Lenovo’s sub-brand ZUK has launched its new flagship smartphone named ZUK Edge in China. The ZUK Edge features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Display with 401ppi pixel denity and 86.4% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by a 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, but there is no microSD card slot.
There’s a 13-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1.34µm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor and a 8-megapixel Front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size. It has a U-Touch fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button which can unlock the device in just 0.09 seconds and for secure payments using Alipay, Paypal and more. Both the front and back are covered in 2.5D curved glass protection.
It bears a heart rate sensor located at the back that can also measure blood oxygen levels. The device measures 7.68mm thickness and weighs 160 grams. It boasts a 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology which can charge the device from 0-80% in just 1 hour of charging. The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with company’s own ZUI 2.5 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, USB 3.1 Type-C & GPS.
ZUK Edge Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1.34µm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI 2.5
- Battery: 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano), 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, USB 3.1 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm and weighs 160 grams
The ZUK Edge comes in Ceramic White and Titanium Black colour options and has been priced at CNY 2,299 (US $330 / Rs. 22,500 approximately) for the 4GB RAM variant, while the 6GB RAM variant costs CNY 2,499 (US $360 / Rs. 24,420 approximately). The smartphone is now up for pre-order and will go on sale starting from 1st January in China.