Yu Yutopia, the new flagship smartphone from Micromax’s YU Televentures, is now officially launched in India for a price of Rs 24,999. The Yutopia will be available for open sale exclusively on Amazon India and the customers will be able to pre-book the phone from today with the first shipments moving out on December 26.
The YU Yutopia smartphone runs CyanogenMod OS with Android 5.1.1. The 4G smartphone features a 5.2-inch WQHD IPS Display from Sharp, a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 32 GB storage space (expandable to 64GB).
Yutopia has also added a fingerprint scanner on the back and comes with 3000 mAh battery which supports fast-charging as well. The fingerprint scanner on the back can also be used to take selfies.
- Display: 5.2-inch SHARP OGS TP 2K display with resolution of 2556×1440 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz A57 quad core + 1.5GHz A53 quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM and 32GB internal memory expandable up to 128GBusing microSD card
- Camera: 21MP rear camera with true tone dual LED flash and 8MP front facing camera
- OS: Android v5.1.1 Lollipop with Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-ion
The company also has some offers on Around YU where the users will get Rs 100 off on the first Cab ride they book from the service and the fourth ride will be free. The Yu #Yutopia buyers will get 6-month Gaana Plus subscription for free. There’s a 15 per cent off on the first food order placed from Around YU. Additionally, 500 users to book flights from Around YU will get a ticket for Rs 1 on the first trip (40 users every week).
Yutopia buyers will get an assured upgrade to Yutopia 2 with a 40% cashback. There are 3,6,9 and 12 month EMI options. SBI users will get a Rs. 1000 cashback, if you are purchasing the phone before 2nd Jan. 2016. Airtel India is also offering a double-the-data package with the Yu Yutopia.