Xiaomi is all set to launch its flagship smartphone Mi 5 in India. The comapany has started sending invites for the launch event which will be held on March 31 in New Delhi. The Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS Display with curved glass and a pixel density of 416ppi. It is powered by a 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes in two variants based on RAM & Storage – 32 GB (with 3GB of RAM), 64 GB (with 3GB of RAM). The High-End variant named Xiaomi Mi 5 PRO with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage.
It sports a 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX298 sensor, Phase detection Autofocus, 4-axis OIS and Dual-tone LED flash on the back and a 4MP Selfie Camera with 2-micron pixel size and f/2.0 aperture. It comes with a fingerprint sensor which is embedded on the home button below the display. It runs on the Android Marshmallow based MIUI 7. It measures 144.55×69.20×7.25mm and weighs 129gms. It features a 3,000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with Qualcomm quick charge 3.0. Other connectivity options includes dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and GPS.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Display with curved glass and pixel density of 416 ppi
- Processor: 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC
- RAM and Storage: 3GB/4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording, 4-axis OIS and Dual LED flash along with a 4MP front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Dual Sim (Nano+Nano), 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, IR Blaster, USB-Type C, GPS with GLONASS
- Weight: 129 g
- Colours: Black, Gold, White
The Xiaomi Mi 5 is expected to be priced between Rs. 20,000-25,000 and will be available for sale from early April in India. Stay tuned for more updates.