Xiaomi has unveiled its Flagship Mi 5 smartphone at Mobile World Congres 2016 in Barcelona. The Xiaomi Mi 5 feature a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS Display with curved glass and a pixel density of 416ppi. It is powered by a 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes in two variants based on RAM & Storage – 32 GB (with 3GB of RAM), 64 GB (with 3GB of RAM). The company also announced the High-End variant named Xiaomi Mi 5 PRO with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage.
It packs a 16MP camera with Phase detection Autofocus and Dual-tone LED flash on the back and a 4MP Selfie Camera with 2-micron pixel size, 4-axis OIS and f/2.0 aperture. It comes with a fingerprint sensor which is embedded on the home button below the display. It runs on the Android Marshmallow based MIUI 7. It measures 144.55×69.20×7.25mm and weighs 129gms. It features a 3,000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with Qualcomm quick charge 3.0. Other connectivity options includes dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and GPS.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD Display with resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and pixel density of 416 ppi
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC
- RAM and Storage: 3GB/4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording, OIS and LED flash along with a 4MP front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB-Type C, GPS with GLONASS
- Weight: 129 g
- Colours: Black, Gold, White
The smartphone will be available in White, Gold and Black colour options. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage model is priced at 1999 RMB (around US $306 / Rs 21,000) & the 3GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs 2299 RMB (around $350 / Rs 24,000).
The High-end Mi 5 PRO with 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage variant costs 2699 RMB ( $354USD / Rs.29,000).