Vivo has launched its new 5G capable Vivo S6 smartphone in China. The Vivo S6 5G features a 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Display with a waterdrop notch where we find the 32-megapixel selfie camera. It is powered by 2.2GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor, paired with 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage.
On the back, we find the circular hump which houses 4 cameras. The 48-megapixel main camera paired with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel macro snapper and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. Camera features include 4K video recording, EIS, portrait mode, night scene, panorama, dynamic photo, AR cute shoot, professional mode, slow motion and time-lapse photography.
The phone features a fingerprint sensor underneath the display and packs a 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. It runs Vivo’s FunTouch OS 10 which is based on Android 10. Connectivity options include 5G support, Dual-SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C, GPS & GLONASS.
Vivo S6 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.44-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display, 408ppi pixel density, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 2.2GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor, Mali-G76 MP5 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Camera: 48MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, EIS, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 2MP macro lens, 2MP depth sensor and a 32MP Front camera with f/2.08 aperture
- OS: Android 10 with FunTouch OS 10
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging technology
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual-SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C, GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 161.16×74.66×8.68 mm and weighs 181 grams
The Vivo S6 comes in Swan Lake, Danube Blue and Jazz Black colour options, priced at 2698 Yuan (~$380 / Rs. 28,650 approx.) for the 128GB storage variant and the 256GB variant costs 2998 Yuan (~$423 / Rs 31,850 approx). It will be available for pre-order starting today and will go on sale in China starting April 3. However, there is no word on its international availability for now.