Samsung has launched its latest flagship Galaxy Note 7 smartphone in India. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 features a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Dual-Edge Super AMOLED Curved Display with a pixel density of 518 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. It is powered by an octa-core Exynos 8890 (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.6GHz) 64-bit processor. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB using microSD card.
It sports a 12MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, Dual-Pixel technology, PDAF and a 5MP Front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture. Samsung Galaxy Note7 has IP68 rating water and dust resistance.
The improved S Pen now comes with the ability to create GIF animations using the Smart select feature and new air command functions for magnify and translate. It also has a fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner and Barometer as well.
The device offers Samsung’s Knox security suite that supports biometric authentication from both the iris scanner and fingerprint scanner. It packs a 3500mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support on both wired and wireless modes.
It comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system with the latest TouchWiz UI on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Dual-Edge Super AMOLED Curved Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 8890 (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.6GHz) processor
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, Dual-Pixel technology, PDAF and a 5MP Front camera with f/1.7 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3500mAh battery with fast charging technology (wired & wireless)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm and weighs 169 grams
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes in Gold Platinum, Black Onyx & Silver Titanium colour options. The smartphone has been priced at Rs. 59,900 and will be available starting from 2nd September across the country. Pre-bookings start from August 22 till August 30th, those who pre-book the smartphone can get the new Gear VR (costs Rs. 7,290) at a special price of just Rs. 1,990. The users can also avail the Reliance Jio Preview Offer which comes with unlimited voice and data benefits for 90 days.