Reliance has launched their latest high-end LYF Earth 2 smartphone at an event in Mumbai. The LYF Earth 2 features a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display with 445ppi pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) 64-bit Processor along with Adreno 405 GPU. It has 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 64GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear Camera with LED Flash, Laser Autofocus and a 13MP Front camera with LED Flash, Phase-detection-AutoFocus (PDAF). It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button below the display. The device can also be unlocked by just a blink of an eye by using retina scanner. It packs a 2500mAh non-removable battery which can deliver up to 14 hours of talktime on 4G and up to 480 hours of standby time.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with a hybrid slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
LYF Earth 2 Specifications
- Display: 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939 Processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP Rear Camera with LED Flash, Laser Autofocus & 13MP Front camera with LED Flash
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 2500mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 142x67x7.2mm & Weighs 140 grams
The LYF Earth 2 comes in Gold, Green, White & Midnight Black colour variants and has been priced at Rs. 21,599.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Sunil Dutt, President – Devices, Reliance Retail said, “LYF Smartphone+ is a consumer obsessed brand and through Earth 2 we present the most advanced features in smartphones that deliver a differentiated digital experience to our consumers and puts the controls of smart devices in the hands of the consumers.”