Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched its new mid-range smartphone – the Redmi Note 8 in India. It features a 6.39-inch Full HD+ display, and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC paired with up to 6GB RAM. It has rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, splash resistant P2i coating and a dedicated microSD card slot for storage expension.
As far as camera department is concerned, it has quad camera setup on the back, featuring a 48-megapixel primary shooter with f/1.79 aperture paired with an 8-megapixel 120-degree ultra-wide lens and two 2-megapixel cameras (one depth and one macro) with f/2.4 apertures. There is a 13-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture as well.
The phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie and packs a 4,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. Connectivity options includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, GPS & GLONASS.
Redmi Note 8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.39-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass IPS LCD display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 403ppi pixel density, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 11nm processor, Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage (expandable up to 512GB)
- Camera: 48MP Rear camera with LED Flash, Sony ISOCELL GM1 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 6P Lens, 4K video recording at 30fps, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 5P Lens, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75µm pixel size f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture and a 13MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 158.3×75.3×8.35 mm and weighs 190 grams
The Redmi Note 8 comes in Moonlight White, Neptune Blue and Space Black colour options, priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version while the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage costs Rs. 12,999. It will be available on Amazon, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from October 21.