Meizu unveiled its latest Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition smartphone at MWC 2016 in Barcelona. The phone features a 5.7-inch Full HD AMOLED Display, Samsung Exynos 7420 octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage, a 21-megapixel SONY camera with 4K video record capability, fingerprint reader and USB Type-C charging.
Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED Display with 387ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 14nm processor, Mali-T760 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB storage (expandable via microSD card)
- Camera: 21.6MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, PDAF, 6P Lens, 4K video recording and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Ubuntu OS
- Battery: 3050mAh non-removable battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5 mm and weighs 166 grams
It measures 156.70 x 78.00 x 7.5mm and weighs 168 grams. The smartphone packs a 21.6-megapixel Rear Camera with dual-tone LED Flash and a 5MP front camera. It is powered by a 3050mAh non-removable battery and runs on Ubuntu operating system.
Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, USB 3.0 Type-C, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. The Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition will be available for pre-order next week during Mobile World Congress.
Are you interested in using a smartphone that runs Ubuntu OS instead of Android? Let us know in the comments below!