HTC has launched its new high-end smartphone named HTC 10 Evo for the Indian market. It is the global variant of the HTC Bolt, which was launched back in November last year. The HTC 10 Evo features a 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 3 Display with a pixel density of 534 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor along with Adreno 430 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB using a microSD card.
On the camera front, the HTC Evo 10 sports a 16-megapixel Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, support 4K video recording and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, screen flash. Like the HTC Bolt, this doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack.
One of the main highlight of the HTC 10 Evo smartphone is HTC’s BoomSound Adaptive Audio technology. The company has ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack in favour of USB Type-C port and comes bundled with World’s 1st USB Type-C Dual Adaptive earphones that tailor sound to the user’s ear structure for a truly illuminating audio experience.
It also houses a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button which can unlock the device in just 0.2 seconds. It has a metal unibody design and comes with IP57 Dust and Waterproof rating. The device measures 8.09mm thickness and weighs 174 grams. It packs a 3,200mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology which is claimed to offer up to 23 hours of talk time and 20 days of standby time on 3G/4G network.
The smartphone runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with HTC’s Sense UI on top. Connectivity options includes Nano SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) , Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C & GPS.
HTC 10 Evo Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 3 Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor, Adreno 430 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, support 4K video recording and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.4 aperture, screen flash
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- Battery: 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Compass sensor, Proximity sensor, Gyro sensor, Motion G-sensor, Magnetic sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Nano SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) , Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 153.59×77.3×8.09 mm and weighs 174 grams
The HTC 10 Evo comes in Cast Iron and Pearl Gold colour options. It has been priced at Rs. 48,990 and is now made available for purchase through HTC eStore.