Huawei’s sub-brand, Honor has finally unveiled its new flagship smartphone named Honor V9 in China. The Honor V9 features a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display and is powered by an octa-core Kirin 960 (Quad 1.8GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 2.4GHz Cortex A73) processor along with Mali M71 GPU. It comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
In terms of optics, the Honor V9 sports a 12MP Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Autofocus and a 8MP Front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. It has a fingerprint sensor located at the back that lets you use it for Huawei Pay besides unlocking the phone. Also, there’s a dedicated key on the right side for intelligent voice actions. The device measures 6.97mm thickness and weighs 184 grams. It is backed by a 4000mAh battery that supports fast charging technology.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the user will have to choose between using two Nano-SIM cards or a microSD card. It runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with company’s own EMUI 5.0 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC & GPS.
Honor V9 Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 960 (Quad 1.8GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 2.4GHz Cortex A73) processor, Mali M71 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 12MP Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Autofocus and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with Fast Charging technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC & GPS
- Dimensions: 157×77.5×6.97 mm and weighs 184 grams
The Honor V9 comes in Midnight Black, Platinum Gold, Flame Red and Aurora Blue colour options. It has been priced at CNY 2,599 (US $377 / Rs. 26,990 approximately) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant while the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs CNY 2,999 (US $435 / Rs. 29,150 approximately) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant costs CNY 3,499 (US $508 / Rs. 34,000 approximately). It is now available for pre-booking in China and will go on sale from February 28th.