Huawei’s Honor has launched its latest high-end smartphone named Honor 8 in China. The Honor 8 features a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display with 423ppi pixel density. It is powered by an octa-core Kirin 950 processor clocked at 1.8GHz and has 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB of RAM with 32GB/64GB internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
The main highlight of the Honor 8 smartphone is its dual-rear camera setup. It sports a 12MP Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Auto focus, 6P Lens, 1.4µm pixel size and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.4 aperture. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back. The device measures 7.45mm thickness and weighs 153 grams. It boasts 3000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support.
The smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM support which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, Infrared sensor, USB Type-C, NFC & GPS.
Honor 8 Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) 16nm processor, Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 12MP Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Auto focus, 6P Lens, 1.4µm pixel size and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Fast Charging technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, Infrared sensor, USB Type-C, NFC & GPS
- Dimensions: 145.5x71x7.45 mm and weighs 153 grams
The Honor 8 comes in Midnight Black, Sunrise Gold, Pearl White, Sapphire Blue & Sakura Pink colour variants. The smartphone has been priced at CNY 1,999 (approximately US$ 299 / Rs. 20,000) for the 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage variant, CNY 2,299 (approximately US$ 343 / Rs. 23,000) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage variant & the high-end variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage will cost CNY 2,499 (approximately US$ 374 / Rs. 25,000). It is now available for order in China and will go on sale starting from 19th July.