Huawei’s Honor brand has launched its new budget smartphone named Honor 6A at an event in China. The Honor 6A features a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS Display, and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. It comes with 2GB/3GB of RAM and 16/32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
It sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a metal unibody design and comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which can unlock the phone in just 0.5 seconds.
The device packs a packs a 3020mAh battery and runs EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS.
Honor 6A Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS Display
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 (4 x 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP Front camera
- OS: EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3020mAh battery
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 143.7×70.95×8.2 mm and weighs 143 grams
The Honor 6A comes in Blue, Gold, Silver & Pink colour options, priced at CNY 799 ($116/ Rs. 7,500 approx) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the 3GB RAM with 32GGB storage variant costs CNY 999 ($145 / Rs. 9,375 approx). It will be available for purchase via Vmall.com and Jd.com starting from June 1st in China. As of now, there’s no word on when the phone will launch outside china.