ASUS has launched a new variant of the ZenFone Selfie smartphone in India. It comes with a diamond cut back panel design which looks premium. The ASUS ZenFone Selfie features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS Display with 72% screen to body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor along with Adreno 405 GPU. It comes with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 64GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Laser Auto Focus and a 13MP Front-facing camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 88-Degree wide-angle lens. The device measures 10.8 mm thickness and weighs 170 grams.
The Dual-SIM smartphone packs a 3000mAh battery and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with Zen UI 2.0 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
ASUS ZenFone Selfie Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS Display with 72% screen to body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: 1.7GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 64GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Laser Auto Focus and a 13MP Front-facing camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 88-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Zen UI 2.0
- Battery: 3000mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 77.2 x 10.8 mm and weighs 170 grams
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manger for ASUS India said, “The new ZenFone Selfie perfectly encapsulates the creativity of the ASUS design team with the stunning diamond cut back fashioned to deliver a stylish and luxury experience for the consumers. Apart from the design, the smartphone also offers great performance levels with its 3GB RAM and Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 to match the users’ performance needs.”
The ASUS ZenFone Selfie comes in Sheer Gold, Glacier Gray, Polygon-Illusion Diamond White, Illusion Polygon Blue and Illusion Smooth Pink colour options. The new Diamond back variant of the smartphone has been priced at Rs. 12,999. It is currently available only on Amazon.in and will be available in retail stores from september onwards.