ASUS has launched a new smartphone named ZenFone Pegasus 3S in China. It is the successor to the ZenFone Pegasus 3 smartphone that was launched in June last year. The ASUS ZenFone Pegasus 3S has an all-metal unibody design and features a 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display with 2.5D curved glass protection on top. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor clocked at 1.5GHz, coupled with 3GB RAM and a choice of 32GB or 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB using a microSD card.
It sports a 13-megapixel Rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and a 8-megapixel Front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button below the display which can save up to five different fingerprints and can be used for mobile payments as well. The device is backed by a massive 5000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery that the company claims can last up to 30 days in standby.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with company’s latest ZenUI 3.1 skin out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
ASUS ZenFone Pegasus 3S Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor, Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB/64GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and a 8MP Front camera
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 5000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 149.5×73.7×8.6 mm
The ASUS ZenFone Pegasus 3S will be made available later this month in two storage variants – 32GB & 64GB. The 64GB storage variant of the smartphone has been priced at CNY 1,999 (approximately Rs. 19,600) while the pricing for the 32GB storage variant has not been revealed as of now.