ASUS has launched its ZenFone 3 series at the Zenvolution event in New Delhi, India. The company had unveiled the ZenFone 3 series at the Computex 2016 back in May this year. The ASUS ZenFone 3 features a 5.2-inch (ZE520KL) / 5.5-inch (ZE552KL) (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super IPS+ Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front and back as well. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor along with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB using microSD card.
It sports a 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 2nd gen laser, phase detection and continuous auto focus to achieve precise focus in just 0.03 seconds and a 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 88-degree wide-angle lens.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back that unlocks the phone in just 0.2 seconds. The device comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. The ASUS ZenFone 3 ZE520KL variant is powered by a 2650mAh battery whereas the ZE552KL packs a 3000mAh battery. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system with the latest Zen UI 3.0 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MU-MIMO, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch / 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super IPS+ Display with 77.3% screen-to-body ratio and 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, Laser AutoFocus and 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 88-degree wide-angle lens.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Zen UI 3.0
- Battery: 2650mAh / 3000mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MU-MIMO, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
The ASUS ZenFone 3 comes in Shimmer Gold, Moonlight White and Sapphire Black colour options and has been priced at Rs. 21,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (ZE520KL) variant while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (ZE552KL) variant costs Rs. 27,999. The smartphone will be available via all major e-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and in chain stores like Sangeetha Mobiles. It will be available at all leading retail stores across the country before the end of this month.