Xiaomi has quietly launched its new Mi Pad 3 tablet in China. It is the successor of Mi Pad 2 that was launched back in 2015. The Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 features a 7.9-inch (2048 x 1536 pixels) Retina Display, and is powered by a hexa-core MediaTek MT8176 processor coupled with 4GB LPDDR3 of RAM. It offers 64GB of internal storage which is non-expandable.
It sports a 13-megapixel Rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. The tablet runs MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and packs a massive 6600mAh battery with support for 5V/2A fast charging technology. Connectivity options includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C & GPS.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 Specifications:
- Display: 7.9-inch (2048 x 1536 pixels) Retina Display, 326PPI Pixel Density
- Processor: Hexa-Core MediaTek MT8176 (Dual 2.1GHz Cortex A72 + Quad 1.7GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor, IMG PowerVR GX6250 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 6600mAh battery
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Hall sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 200.4×132.6×6.95 mm and weighs 328 grams
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 comes in Gold colour, priced at CNY 1,499 ($217 / Rs. 14,120 approx.) and will go on sale in China starting April 6th through the company’s Chinese website, Lynx, Jingdong Mall and Suning. However, there’s no information whether or not the tablet will hit the Indian market.