Samsung has launched its new Galaxy Tab A (2016) tablet with S Pen support in Korea. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A features a 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA TFT Display. It is powered by a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
It sports a 8MP Autofocus Rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture and a 2MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture. The device measures 8.2 mm thickness and weighs 558 grams.
With the S-Pen support, you can translate words in images and text documents and allows users to create and share GIF animations with the Smart select tool.
The tablet is backed by a 7300mAh non-removable battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) Specifications:
- Display: 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA TFT Display
- Processor: 1.6GHz Octa-core Exynos 7870 processor
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera: 8MP Autofocus Rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture and a 2MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 7300mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 254.3 x 164.2 x 8.2 mm and weighs 558 grams
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen comes in Black & White colour variants and has been priced at 399,000 (approximately $355 / Rs. 23,750) in Korea. There’s no word on global roll out yet. Stay tuned for more updates.