Huawei’s sub-brand, Honor has launched its new Honor Pad 2 tablet along with the Honor 6X smartphone in China. The Honor Pad 2 features a 8-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) Full HD IPS Display. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) processor paired with Adreno 405 GPU. It has 3GB of RAM and 16/32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
It sports a 8MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and a 2MP Front camera. The device measures 8.1 mm thickness and weighs 340 grams.
The tablet houses a 4800mAh battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE (with voice calling), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
Honor Pad 2 Specifications:
- Display: 8-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) Full HD IPS Display
- Processor: 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) processor, Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and a 2MP Front camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4800mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (with voice calling), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 209.3x123x8.1 mm and weighs 340 grams
The Honor Pad 2 comes in Gold and White colour variants. It has been priced at CNY 999 (approximately $148 / Rs. 9,890) for the 16GB internal storage (Wi-Fi variant) and the 32GB internal storage (Wi-Fi variant) costs CNY 1,299 (approximately $192 / Rs. 12,855) while the 4G LTE variant with 32GB internal storage costs CNY 1,499 (approximately $222 / Rs. 14,835). It will be available for pre-order from October 19th and will go on sale in China from October 25th.