ZTE has launched a new, slightly smaller and more affordable version of the Axon 7 smartphone called Axon 7 Mini at IFA 2016 in Berlin. The ZTE Axon 7 Mini features a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 64-bit processor along with Adreno 405 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
It sports a 16MP Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, OIS and a 8MP Front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 88-Degree wide-angle lens. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back. It also has dual front-facing speakers that are imbued with Dolby Atmos and powered by AKM4962 audio chip for an enhanced audio experience. The device measures 7.8 mm thickness and weighs 153 grams. It is backed by a 2705mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology that can charge up to 50% in just 30 minutes of charging.
The smartphone supports Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD card) which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with ZTE’s MiFavour UI 4.0 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C & GPS.
ZTE Axon 7 Mini Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 617 64-bit processor, Adreno 405 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, OIS and a 8MP Front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 88-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2705mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 147.5x71x7.8 mm and weighs 153 grams
The ZTE Axon 7 Mini comes in Ion Gold and Platinum Grey colour options and has been priced at €299 (approximately $335 / Rs. 22,350). The smartphone will start rolling out in the USA, Australia, Germany, India, Japan, Poland, Russia, Spain and Saudi Arabia soon.