Xiaomi just unveiled Redmi Pro, the company’s most powerful Redmi series smartphone at an event in China. The Xiaomi Redmi Pro features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display and is powered by deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor with Mali-T880 GPU. It comes in three variants – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and Helio X20 SoC, another with 3GB of RAM + 64GB storage and Helio X25 chipset while the top end variant has 4GB RAM with 128GB storage Helio X25 SoC.
The main highlight of the smartphone is its dual rear camera setup for achieving depth of field and get real-time background blur. It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor and 5MP secondary camera with Samsung sensor for bokeh effects. On the front, it bears a 5MP Front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-Degree wide-angle lens.
It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button below the display. The device measures 8.15 mm thickness and weighs 174 grams. It boasts a 4050mAh battery with fast charging technology via the USB Type-C port.
It comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means you can use the second SIM slot to add a microSD card instead. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C & GPS.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display, 342ppi pixel density, 100% NTSC color gamut
- Processor: Deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor, Mali-T880 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB/64GB internal storage, 4GB RAM with 128GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor, 5MP secondary camera with Samsung sensor and a 5MP Front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4050mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 151.5×76.2×8.15 mm and weighs 174 grams
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Price
- 3GB RAM + 32GB Storage, 2.1GHz Deca-core Helio X20 SoC – CNY 1,499 (Approximately $225 / Rs. 15,000)
- 3GB RAM + 64GB Storage, 2.3GHz Deca-core Helio X25 SoC – CNY 1,699 (Approximately $255 / Rs. 17,000)
- 4GB RAM + 128GB Storage, 2.5GHz Deca-core Helio X25 SoC – CNY 1,999 (Approximately $300 / Rs. 20,000)
It comes in Gold, Silver & Gray colour variants and will be available from 6th August in China. No details about its launch in India. The smartphone is unlikely to be launched in India due to Ericsson lawsuit the company faces in the country. However, Xiaomi could launch the Redmi Pro with a Snapdragon chipset just like it did with the Redmi Note 3.