Xiaomi has launched its latest Redmi 4X smartphone at an event in China. The Xiaomi Redmi 4X features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display, and is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor along with Adreno 505 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the Redmi 4X sports a 13-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. It has a metal unibody design and packs a fingerprint sensor on the back. The device measures 8.65mm thickness and weighs 150 grams.
Under the hood, there’s a massive 4100mAh battery which can deliver up to 15 hours of continuous video playback and 18 days on standby. It runs MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
Xiaomi Redmi 4X Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.4GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4100mAh battery
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 139.24×69.96×8.65 mm and weighs 150 grams
The Xiaomi Redmi 4X comes in Champagne Gold, Cherry Pink and Matte Black colour options, priced at CNY 899 ($101 / Rs. 6,890 approx) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant while the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant costs CNY 899 ($130 / Rs. 8750 approx). However, the company has not revealed availability details of the smartphone.