Xiaomi has launched its new Redmi 4 smartphone in India. The Xiaomi Redmi 4 features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display, and is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor along with Adreno 505 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB/4GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB/64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
As for the camera, the Redmi 4 offers a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P Lens, PDAF and a 5-megapixel front facing camera. It has a metal unibody design and comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor for enhanced security.
The device packs a 4100mAh non-removable battery and runs MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Xiaomi is offering special beta preview of Android Nougat-based MIUI 8 out-of-the-box Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.4GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P Lens, PDAF and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4100mAh non-removable battery
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 139.24×69.96×8.65 mm and weighs 150 grams
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone comes in Gorgeous Black and Elegant Gold colour options, priced at Rs. 6,999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant costs Rs. 8,999 while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs Rs. 10,999. It will be available for purchase via Amazon India and Mi.com starting 23rd May, 12PM onwards.