Xiaomi has launched a new Redmi 3 variant named Redmi 3s in China. The Xiaomi Redmi 3s features a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, Adreno 505 GPU. It has two variant based on RAM & Storage – 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB of internal storage and 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
The device sports a 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Full HD video recording and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Full HD video recording capability. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back. It measures 8.5mm thickness and weighs 144 gms.
The Dual-sim smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It packs 4100mAh non-removable battery and runs MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (4 x 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB/3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Full HD video recording and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 4100mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5 mm and weighs 144 grams
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s comes in Gold, Silver and Dark Grey colour variants and has been priced at 699 Yuan (around $106 / Rs. 7,150) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage variant costs 899 Yuan (around $135 / Rs. 9,100). The smartphone will be available for sale from 16th June in China.