Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has launched its much-awaited Mi Max 2 Phablet in India. The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 features a metal unibody design with a 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display, and is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
In terms of optics, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 offers a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1.25µm pixel size and Sony IMX386 sensor. On the front, there’s a 5-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens.
It has dual stereo speakers and comes with round edges for a better hand feel. The device packs a massive 5300mAh battery with quick charge 3.0 technology which can charge up to 68% in just 1 hour. It promises up to 57 hours of talktime and 18 hours of video playback time on a single charge.
It also has a fingerprint sensor, IR blaster and runs MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C & GPS.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications:
- Display: 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1.25µm pixel size, Sony IMX386 sensor and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Battery: 5300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 174.1×88.7×7.6 mm and weighs 211 grams
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes in Matte Black colour and has been priced at Rs. 16,999. It will be initially available via Mi.com and Mi Home outlet during Xiaomi’s 3rd Anniversary Sale on July 20 and July 21 at 12PM. Xiaomi has tied up with Reliance Jio to offer 100GB additional 4G data to customers buying this device. Later on July 27, the phablet will be made available via both online and offline channels.