Xiaomi has launched its latest Mi 5X smartphone at an event in China. The Xiaomi Mi 5X has a full metal unibody design with rounded edges. It features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display. Under the hood, the device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
As for cameras, the Xiaomi Mi 5X boasts a dual-camera setup, one being a 12MP wide-angle lens while the other a 12MP telephoto lens. On the front, there’s a 5MP selfie camera with real time beautification. It has a fingerprint sensor along with anti-fingerprint coating on the back.
The device packs a 3080mAh battery and will run on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Xiaomi’s latest MIUI 9 skin out of the box. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C & GPS.
Xiaomi Mi 5X Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, wide-angle lens, secondary 12MP camera with f/2.6 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, PDAF, telephoto lens and a 5MP Front camera
- OS: MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Battery: 3080mAh battery
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3 mm and weighs 165 grams
The Xiaomi Mi 5X smartphone comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colour options, priced at CNY 1499 ($222 / Rs. 14,280) and will go on sale from August 1st in China.
Stay tuned for more tech news and updates!