Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has finally launched its new Mi 5c smartphone in China. The Xiaomi Mi 5c has an all-metal unibody design, features a 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Curved Glass Display with 94.4-percent NTSC color gamut and 550-nits brightness. It is the first smartphone to be powered by Xiaomi’s very own chipset, called the Surge S1. It comes with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
In terms of optics, the Xiaomi Mi 5c offers a 12-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P Lens, 1.25µm pixel size and a 8-megapixel Front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27mm wide-angle lens. It also houses a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. The device measures 7.09mm thickness and weighs 132 grams. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system and packs a 2860mAh battery which supports 9V/2A fast charging. The company claims that the device is upgradable to Android 7.1 Nougat-based MIUI 8 update in March.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C & GPS.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Specifications:
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Xiaomi Surge S1 octa-core (2.2GHz quad-core A53 + 1.4GHz quad-core A53) 64-bit processor, Mali-T860 MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P Lens, 1.25µm pixel size and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27mm wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2860mAh non-removable battery with fast charging technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 144.38×69.68×7.09 mm and weighs 132 grams
The Xiaomi Mi 5c comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colour options, priced at CNY 1499 ($218 / Rs. 14,550 approx) and will go on sale starting from March 3rd in China.