Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has launched its new smartphone named Vivo Y55s in India. It is an upgraded version of the Vivo Y55L smartphone which was launched last year. The Vivo Y55s features a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS Display with 2.5D curved glass protection on top. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 64-bit processor coupled with Adreno 308 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
Talking about the camera, the Vivo Y55s sports an 13-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel Front-facing camera. The device measures 7.5mm thickness and weighs 142 grams. It is backed by a 2730mAh non-removable battery which claims to deliver up to 11 hours of talk time and lasts up to 250 hours on standby mode.
The main highlight of the Vivo Y55s smartphone is its Smart Screen-split feature which will allow users to multi-task without having to switch back.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on FunTouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
Vivo Y55s Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor, Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP Front camera
- OS: FunTouchOS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2730mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 147.9×72.9×7.5 mm and weighs 142 grams
The Vivo Y55s comes in Crown Gold & Space Grey colour options and has been priced at Rs. 12,490. The smartphone will be available across the country starting from February 26th.