Vivo has officially unveiled its new selfie-focused smartphone named Vivo V5 Plus in Malaysia. The Vivo V5 Plus features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD In-cell Display with 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC, accompanied by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
In terms of optics, the smartphone sports a 16-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF. It features front-facing dual camera setup (20MP + 8MP sensors). The 20-megapixel camera uses Sony IMX3761/2.78-inch sensor with f/2.0 aperture and 5P Lens system, while the secondary 8-megapixel camera captures depth information. Which means, the front camera setup can produce DSLR-like bokeh effects to the selfies. We’ve seen similar effects from the iPhone 7 Plus portrait mode – but that uses the rear camera and remember this is the front camera setup we’re talking about here. You can also change the focus area even after clicking a picture, adding blurring effects wherever you like.
The Dual-SIM smartphone packs a 3160mAh battery that supports fast charging technology and runs FunTouchOS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
Vivo V5 Plus Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD In-cell Display
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and a 20MP Front camera with Moonlight flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P Lens, Sony IMX3761/2.78-inch sensor, secondary 8MP front-facing camera
- OS: FunTouchOS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3160mAh battery with Fast Charge technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 152.58x74x7.26 mm and weighs 158.6 grams
The Vivo V5 Plus has been listed on company’s website in Gold colour. It is currently available for pre-order via tech retailer DirectD at a price tag of RM 1,799 (US $400 / Rs. 27,400 approximately) in Malaysia. The smartphone will launch in India on January 23rd.
Stay tuned to TechnoMania365 for more tech news and updates.