Sony has today unveiled their new flagship smartphone named Xperia XZ Premium at MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium features a 5.5-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K HDR TRILUMINOS Display and is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 chipset. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium sports a 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 lens, 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor, 5-axis stabilisation, 4K video recording. The camera’s highlight feature is the 960 frames per second slow motion video mode that can record 720p footage. On the front, there’s a 13-megapixel Front-facing camera with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor and 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens.
It also has a fingerprint sensor and IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance. The device runs on the latest Android 7.1 Nougat operating system and packs a 3230mAh battery that supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 technology. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C & GPS.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K HDR TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on front and back
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera: 19MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 lens, 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor, 5-axis stabilisation, 960fps slow-motion video, 4K video recording and a 13MP Front camera with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Battery: 3230mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 156x77x7.9 mm and weighs 195 grams
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium comes in Luminous Chrome and Deepsea Black colour options and will be available sometime this Spring. No information about the pricing yet.