Samsung has unveiled its latest much-awaited Flagship smartphones – Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 EDGE at Mobile World Congress 2016. The smartphones will be available in selected regions from March 11 and preorders starting at 8am EST on 23 February and those that pre-order the device will receive Galaxy Gear VR Headset with their new galaxy smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S7
It features 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED always-on Display with 577ppi. It is powered by quad-core Snapdragon 820 or an octa-core Exynos 8 octa 8890 processor depending on the region. It device comes with 4GB of RAM with two storage options – 32GB & 64GB, both the variants can be expanded up to 200GB via microSD card. It sports a Dual Pixel 12MP Rear Camera with f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS & LED flash. Samsung claims that the pixels are 30% larger than those on the iPhone 6s plus. The Dual Pixel sensor ensures faster autofocusing and gives brighter and sharper images even in low-light conditons. It comes with a 5MP Front Camera with f/1.7 aperture.
The Galaxy S7 come with a Heart Rate sensor and a Fingerprint sensor which is embedded on the home button below the display. It is Dust and water-resistance with IP68 rating which means it can be safely immersed to depth of 1.5m (4.9Ft.) for up to 30 minutes. It boasts 3000mAh battery that supports both wired & wireless fast charging. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on the top. Other connectivity options include 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0 and NFC.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with resolution of 2560×1440 pixels and pixel density of 577 ppi
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable upto 200GB via microSD
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel technology, OIS and LED flash along with a 5MP front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with fast charging support
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- Weight: 152 g
- Colours: Black, Silver, Gold, White
The Samsung Galaxy S7 will be available in Black, Silver, White and Gold colour variants. According to Samsung UK Website, The 32GB variant of the Galaxy S7 smartphone will cost £569 ( around $810 / Rs.55,783)