OPPO has launched their latest smartphone named A59 in China. The OPPO A59 has a full metal unibody design with Zirconium metal finish. It features a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display with a pixel density of 267ppi. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor along with Mali-T860 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and a 8MP Front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded in the physical home button below the display which can unlock the device in 0.22 seconds. The Oppo A59 measures 7.3mm thickness & weighs 160 gms. It packs 3075mAh non-removable battery.
The Dual-sim smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs ColorOS 3.0 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB-OTG & GPS.
OPPO A59 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor, Mali-T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um Pixel size, PDAF and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um Pixel Size
- OS: ColorOS 3.0 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3075mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 154.5x76x7.3 mm and weighs 160 grams
The OPPO A59 comes in Gold and Rose Gold Colour variants and has been priced at 1799 Yuan (approx. $274 / Rs. 18,300). The smartphone will be available for purchase starting from 18th June in China.