ZTE’s Nubia brand has finally launched its new flagship smartphone, the Nubia Z17 in China. The Nubia Z17 features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection. Under the hood, the device is powered by the latest Snapdragon 835 chipset paired with Adreno 540 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM + 64GB/128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage, which allows further expansion via microSD card.
It sports dual camera setup on the back with a combination of 12-megapixel and 23-megapixel sensors. On the front, there’s a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens and NeoVision 7.0 camera features. It has a sleek metal unibody, Dolby Atmos support, IR Blaster and comes with a fingerprint sensor located on the back.
The phone is backed by a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology, which takes the phone battery up to 50 percent in just 25 minutes of charging. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.0 running on top. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac Dual-Band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS.
Nubia Z17 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor, Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage, 8GB LPDDR4X with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage (expandable via microSD card)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ CMOS sensor, secondary 23MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 16MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.0
- Battery: 3200mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac Dual-Band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 152.60×72.38×7.6 mm and weighs 173 grams
The Nubia Z17 smartphone comes in Aurora Black, Black Gold, Obsidian Black, Solar Gold and Flame Red colour options. It has been priced at CNY 2,799 ($411 / Rs. 26,490 approx) for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage variant, CNY 3,399 ($499 / Rs. 32,170 approx) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage variant and the top-end 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant costs CNY 3,999 ($587 / Rs. 37,850 approx). It will be available for purchase in China starting June 6th.