HMD Global has officially announced its first Nokia-branded Android smartphone named Nokia 6 in China. The Nokia 6 features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display with a pixel density of 403ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 (Quad 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.5GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor along with Adreno 505 GPU. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
It sports a 16-megapixel Rear camera with phase detection auto focus (PDAF), 1.0µm sensor, f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone LED Flash. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel Front-facing camera with 1.12µm sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 84-Degree wide-angle lens. The company claims that it takes 55 minutes to machine a single Nokia 6 from a solid block of 6000 series aluminium. It features a metal unibody design and also has a fingerprint sensor embedded on the physical home button below the display.
The device is backed by a 3000mAh non-removable battery and runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It supports Hybrid Dual SIM and has dual speakers with a smart amplifier chip (TFA9891) & Dolby Atmos audio technology for louder and crisper audio experience. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0 port, USB-OTG & GPS.
Nokia 6 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 (Quad 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.5GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1.0µm sensor and a 8MP Front camera with 1.12µm sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3000mAh non-removable battery
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0 port, USB-OTG, GPS
- Dimensions: 154×75.8×7.8 mm
The Nokia 6 has been priced at CNY 1,699 (US $245 / Rs. 16,710 approximately) and will be available exclusively in China through Jd.com in early 2017. There is no word on global availability and pricing for now.