Nokia is back in the market with its three new android smartphones at the MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The Nokia 3 smartphone has been unveiled by HMD Global, a Finland-based company that has acquired the rights to the Nokia brand last year.
It has a polycarbonate body with an aluminium frame and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the front. The Nokia 3 features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display, powered by a quad-core MT6737 64-bit processor clocked at 1.3GHz coupled with 2GB of RAM. It has 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card. The company also promises that all new Nokia Android smartphones will get regular monthly updates.
You get a 8MP Autofocus cameras in both the front and back. The device packs a 2650mAh battery and runs Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, MicroUSB 2.0, USB-OTG, NFC & GPS.
Nokia 3 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass Display
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor, Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP Autofocus Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size and a 8MP Autofocus Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, display flash
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 2650mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, MicroUSB 2.0, USB-OTG, NFC & GPS
- Dimensions: 143.4×71.4×8.48 mm
The Nokia 3 smartphone comes in Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue and Copper Blue colour options. It has been priced at 139 Euros (around $145 / Rs. 9,700) and will go on sale globally starting from Q2 2017.
The company has confirmed that the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 smartphones will be making their way to the Indian market as well by May 2017.