Lenovo-owned Motorola has finally launched its much-awaited Moto Z2 Play smartphone in the US. The Moto Z2 Play features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 626 processor along with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
In the camera department, the Moto Z2 Play sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Autofocus and support 4K video recording. There’s a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash. It has a 5.99 mm ultra-slim aluminum design, supports Moto mods and comes with a fingerprint sensor underneath the home button for added security.
The device packs a 3000mAh battery with turbo charge technology which can charge the phone up to 50 percent in just 20 minutes of charging. It has water-repellent coating and runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C & GPS.
Moto Z2 Play Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: 2.2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 626 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB internal storage / 4GB LPDDR3 with 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Autofocus, support 4K video recording and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Dual-tone LED flash
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Turbo Charge technology
- Connectivity: Single / Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 156.2×76.2×5.99 mm and weighs 145 grams
Motorola has also introduced four new Moto mods for its Z-series of smartphones – JBL Soundboost 2, Moto TurboPower Pack, Moto GamePad and Moto Style Shells with wireless charging.
JBL Soundboost 2 (US$ 79.99) has fabric body with water-repellent coating and offers up to 10 hours of additional playtime. The Moto TurboPower Pack (US$ 79.99) comes with a 3490mAh built-in battery and can be charged up to 50 percent in just 20 minutes of charging. Moving on to the Moto GamePad (US$ 79.99), it is basically made for hardcore mobile gamers which has dual control joysticks, D-pad controls and four buttons. Lastly, Moto Style Shells (US$ 39.99) that supports 10W wireless charging comes in a variaty of finishes.
The Moto Z2 Play smartphone comes in Lunar Gray & Fine Gold colour options, price starts at $499 and will be available through Verizon and Motorola.com starting this summer. It is now purchase in Brazil for R$ 1,999 which is about $615.