Lenovo owned Motorola has launched its latest flagship Moto Z smartphone in India. The Moto Z features a 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, Laser AutoFocus, OIS and a 5MP Front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, wide-angle lens. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button. It boasts 2600mAh battery with Turbo charge technology which can provide up to 8 hours of battery life with just 5 minutes of charging. The smartphone doesn’t feature a 3.5mm audio jack for the headphones. There will be a USB Type-C to 3.5mm audio port adapter included in the box.
The device supports Single-SIM (Nano) and runs on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE (Cat 9) with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC & GPS.
Moto Z Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED Display
- Processor: 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, Laser AutoFocus, OIS and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2600mAh battery with Turbo Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (Cat 9) with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS
- Dimensions: 153.3×75.3×5.2 mm and weighs 136 grams
It supports modular accessories called the “Moto Mods”. They have 16 ‘magical pins’ located at the bottom back using which you can attatch the modules. The company has launched 5 Moto Mods for the device which are as follows:
1. JBL SoundBoost Speaker – It can provide high-quality louder sound output than what you get with inbuilt speaker and gives enhanced audio experience.
2. Hasselblad True Zoom – get 10x optical zoom and Xenon flash
2. Incipio offGRID Power Pack – It can provide 22 hours of additional battery life
3. Moto Insta-Share Projector – It can convert the phone to a 70-inch projector
4. Moto Style Shell – A Simple Swapable Backplate which offers Premium finish like Wood, Leather, Patterned Fabric and let’s you change look of your smartphone.
The Moto Z has been priced launched with a price tag of Rs. 39,999 and will be available exclusively via Amazon.in and Flipkart starting from 17th October, 11:59 pm onwards. Moto Mods will also be available for sale separately as a bundle starting at Rs. 899.