Micromax has launched its latest Canvas 2 (2017) smartphone in India. The Micromax Canvas 2 (2017) features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, the device is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor clocked at a speed of 1.3GHz, which is paired with 3GB of RAM onboard. It comes equipped with 16GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 64GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
As for camera, the Micromax Canvas 2 (2017) offers a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat and is backed by a 3050mAh non-removable battery. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Micromax Canvas 2 (2017) Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor, Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 64GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P Lens, LED Flash and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3050mAh non-removable battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 144.2 x 70.8 x 8.5 mm and weighs 160 grams
The Micromax Canvas 2 (2017) comes in Champagne Gold & Chrome Black colour options, priced at Rs. 11,999 and will be available for purchase through offline retail stores across India starting May 17th. Micromax has partnered with Airtel to offer 1GB of 4G data per day and unlimited free calling for one year to those who purchase the smartphone. The company is also offering 1 year screen replacement which is applicable from the date of activation.