Meizu has launched its latest budget smartphone named Meizu M3 at an event in China. It is the successor of their M2 smartphone which was launched last year in China. The Meizu M3 features a 5-inch (1280×720 pixels) resolution having 2.5D curved glass display. It is powered by 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor along with Mali-T860 GPU. It comes in two variants based on RAM & Storage: 2GB of RAM with 16GB storage & 3GB RAM with 32GB storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4P Lens. The Meizu M3 measures 8.3mm thickness and weighs 132 gms. It boasts 2870mAh battery and runs on YunOS based with Flyme 5.1.
The Dual-sim smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Meizu M3 Specifications
- Display: 5-inch (1280×720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor, Mali-T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4P Lens
- OS: YunOS based with Flyme 5.1
- Battery: 2870mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 141.5×69.5×8.3 mm, 132 grams
The Meizu M3 features polycarbonate body and will be available in Gold, Grey, White, Blue & Pink colour variants. The device has been priced at 599 Yuan (approx. $92 / Rs. 6,100) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant while the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variants is priced at 799 Yuan (approx. $121 / Rs. 8,200). The Meizu M3 is now available for pre-order and will start shipping from April 29th in China.