As expected, Meizu has officially launched its new M5s smartphone in China today. The Meizu M5s features a 5.2-inch HD IPS Display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and 2.5D curved glass on top. It is powered by a 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor along with Mali-T760 GPU. It comes with 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB / 32GB of internal storage variants which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
Optics on the Meizu M5s include a 13-megapixel Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P Lens, apart from a 5-megapixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. which is integrated into the home button. The device measures 6.6mm thickness and weighs 145 grams. It packs a 3000mAh battery which supports mCharge fast charging technology which can be charged from 0 to 19% in just 10 minutes of charging.
The smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot when reqiured, runs Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE & GPS.
Meizu M5s Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor, Mali-T760 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P Lens and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Fast Charge technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- Dimensions: 148.2×72.5×8.4 mm and weighs 143 grams
The Meizu M5s comes in Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Star Grey and Rose Gold colour options, priced at 799 Yuan (US $116 / Rs. 7,790 approximately) for the 16GB storage variant while the 32GB variant costs 999 Yuan (US $145 / Rs. 9,730 approximately). It will be go on sale in China from February 20th.