Meizu has launched their latest budget smartphone named Meizu M3S in China. It is the upgraded version of the Meizu M3 smartphone, which was launched in China in April this year. The Meizu M3S has a unibody metal design and features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Display with 2.5D Curved Glass protection. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1GHz A53) processor along with Mali-T860 GPU. It has two variants based on RAM & Storage – 2GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage and 3GB of RAM with 64GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4P Lens. It has a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. The device measures 8.3mm thickness and weighs 138 grams. It packs a 3020mAh battery and runs on FlyMe OS 5.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
The Dual-sim smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Meizu M3S Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1GHz A53) processor with Mali-T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB/3GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 5P Lens and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4P Lens
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3020mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 141.9×69.9×8.3 mm and weighs 138 grams
The Meizu M3S comes in Gold, Silver, Grey and Pink colour variants and has been priced at 699 Yuan (around $106 / Rs. 7,150) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the 3GB RAM with 64GB Storage variant costs 899 Yuan (around $136 / Rs. 9,200). The smartphone is now available for pre-order through the company’s official store and will go on sale starting from 17th June in China.