Meizu has finally launched its new budget smartphone in China, dubbed as Meizu E2. The Meizu E2 features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display, and is powered by a 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P20 16nm processor. It comes in two variants with – 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage and another one with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, which can be further expandable up to 128GB using a microSD card.
As for camera, the Meizu E2 offers a 13-megapixel rear camera with 4-LED Dual tone Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies and video chats. It has a mTouch fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button which can unlock the device in just 0.2 seconds.
The device packs a 3400mAh non-removable battery with mCharge fast charging technology, which can charge the phone up to 40 percent in just 30 minutes of charging.
It has a unibody metal design and runs Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE & GPS.
Meizu E2 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P20 (4 x 2.3GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.6GHz ARM Cortex A53) 16nm processor, ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with 4-LED Dual tone Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size
- OS: Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Hall sensor, Infrared Proximity sensor, Touch sensor, Digital compass
- Battery: 3400mAh non-removable battery with mCharge fast charging technology
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- Dimensions: 153.7×75.7×7.5 mm and weighs 155 grams
The Meizu E2 smartphone comes in Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver and Obsidian Black colour options. It has been priced at CNY 1,299 (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,100 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant, while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs CNY 1,599 (US$ 230 / Rs. 14,850 approx). It is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China starting from April 29th.