Chinese smartphone maker Meizu has launched its new budget smartphone under ‘A-Series’ which is named as Meizu A5 in China. The Meizu A5 features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Display, and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In the photography department, the Meizu A5 sports a 8-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
The device packs a 3060mAh battery and runs Flyme OS 6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE & GPS.
Meizu A5 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Display
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor, Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Flyme OS 6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3060mAh battery
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- Dimensions: 144×70.5×8.3 mm and weighs 140 grams
The Meizu A5 comes in Matte Black colour, priced at CNY 699 ($103 / Rs. 6,675 approx.) and is now available for purchase via Meizu’s own online store in China. However, there’s no word on availability in global markets.