LG has launched its new X-series rugged smartphone named X Venture in the United States through AT&T. The LG X Venture features a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display, powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 processor. It comes with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the LG X Venture offers a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens. It has a fingerprint sensor located on the front with physical buttons on both sides.
There’s a QuickButton on the side which can be customized to launch your favourite application. It allows you to initiate multiple actions depending on how long you presses it. For example, a short press will open LG’s Outdoor Essential app, while long pressing it will take you to phone’s settings and double press to enable the Glove mode, which makes it easier to interact with the phone while wearing gloves.
Coming to the Outdoor Essential app, it is basically a multi-purpose application with six useful tools, including a barometer, compass, activity counter, exercise tracker, weather and flashlight.
According to LG, the X Venture smartphone has passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G tests, including shock and extreme temprature variations. It comes with IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance, can be immersed 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes.
The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and packs a huge 4100mAh battery with Quick charge 3.0 technology, which can charge from empty to 50 percent in just 48 minutes. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & GPS.
LG X Venture Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 processor (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1GHz), Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash and a 5MP Front camera with 120-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 4100mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 2.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- Dimensions: 154×75.8×9.29 mm and weighs 166.5 grams
The LG X Venture smartphone comes in Black and Chocolate Brown colour options. It will be available through AT&T starting May 26th for $11 per month and will be sold in parts of Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America in the coming weeks.