LG just announced their new flagship G6 smartphone at Mobile World Congress 2017 event in Barcelona. The LG G6 has solid metal frame and glass back body which features a 5.7-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ Fullvision Display with a pixel density of 564ppi and 8:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
It is also LG’s first G-series smartphone to be water and dust resistant, rated at IP68, which makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 metres of water for as long as 30 minutes. The LG G6 is touted to be the first smartphone to feature Dolby Vision and HDR 10 technology for a truly immersive viewing experience.
One of the main highlight of the smartphone is of course the presence of the Google Assistant, which was earlier limited to Google’s own Pixel smartphones.
Talking about its camera, the LG G6 has dual camera setup at the back with two 13-megapixel sensors – one with normal lens and the other that shoots at a wide-angle. On the front, there is a 5-megapixel Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 100-Degree wide-angle lens. The device measures 7.9mm thickness and weighs 163 grams. It has a fingerprint sensor located at the back and also equipped with 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC for enhanced audio experience.
The smartphone runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0 on top and is backed by a 3300mAh non-removable battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0 technology. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC & GPS.
LG G6 Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ Fullvision Display with a 8:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 13MP Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, OIS 2.0, support 4K video recording, 71-degree wide-angle lens | secondary camera with 125-degree lens and a 5MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 100-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC & GPS
- Dimensions: 148.9×71.9×7.9 mm and weighs 163 grams
The LG G6 comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White colour options. As of now, there is no information about the pricing and availability details of the smartphone.
Stay tuned on TechnoMania365 for more tech news and updates!