Huawei has introduced its new budget smartphone, named as Huawei Y5 2017. It is the successor to the last year’s Huawei Y5II smartphone. The Huawei Y5 2017 features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Display, powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the smartphone offers an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash for better group selfies. The device measures 8.35mm thickness and weighs 150 grams.
The Dual-SIM smartphone packs a 3000mAh battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei’s EMUI 4.1 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Huawei Y5 2017 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Display
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor, Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP Autofocus Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP Front camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- Battery: 3000mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 143.8x72x8.35 mm and weighs 150 grams
The Huawei Y5 2017 comes in Blue, White, Gold, Gray & Pink colour options. As of now, the company has not disclosed the pricing and availability details of the smartphone.