Huawei has launched its latest Maimang 5 smartphone in China. The Huawei Maimang 5 features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display with 401ppi pixel density and 77.9% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor along with Adreno 506 GPU. It has 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
It sports a 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 6P Lens, Sony IMX298, 4K video recording and a 8MP Front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded on the back which can unlock the device in just 0.3 seconds. The device measures 7.3mm thickness and weighs 160 grams. It boasts 3340mAh battery which can deliver up to 22 hours of talktime and up to 800 hours of standby time.
The smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C & GPS.
Huawei Maimang 5 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 6P Lens, Sony IMX298, 4K video recording and a 8MP Front-facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3340mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 151.8×75.7×7.3 mm and weighs 160 grams
The Huawei Maimang 5 comes in Champagne Gold, Rose Gold & Moonlight Silver colour variants and has been priced at CNY 2399 (approx. Rs. 24,000) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage variant while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs CNY 2599 (approx. Rs. 26,000). The smartphone will be available through company’s own store starting from July 21st in China.