HTC has launched its new flagship U11 smartphone at an event in India. The HTC U11 features a 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, the device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 2TB using a microSD card.
It has Edge Sense feature for new squeeze interaction which lets you launch the camera, send texts, open email or customize it to launch any application on your phone. It also lets you activate the advanced touch mode and use a “short squeeze” as well as a “squeeze and hold” for even more functionality. HTC says that Edge Sense is based on actual pressure applied to the side of the device, which works even while wearing gloves.
In the photography department, the HTC U11 sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, ultra speed autofocus, BSI sensor, OIS, 1.4-micron pixel and supports 4K video recording. On the front, there’s a 16-megapixel camera for selfies and video calling. It offers fingerprint scanner, Boomsound Hi-Fi Edition speakers and comes with IP67 certification dust and water resistance.
The device packs a 3000mAh battery and runs on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with HTC Sense UI on top. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C & GPS.
HTC U11 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, ultra speed autofocus, BSI sensor, OIS, 1.4-micron pixel, 4K video recording and a 16MP Front camera
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 153.9×75.9×7.9 mm and weighs 169 grams
The HTC U11 comes in Amazing Silver & Brilliant Black colour options, priced at Rs. 51,990 and will be available via Amazon and through offline retail stores by the end of this month. Pre-orders for the HTC U11 will start from June 17th and the customers who pre-order will receive an HTC Flip Cover worth Rs. 1,999 for free.