HTC has just unveiled U Ultra, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the new ‘U series’ which features an innovative second screen, just like the LG V20. It comes with an aluminium frame with all-new glass design. The HTC U Ultra features a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 while the high-end 128GB variant has Sapphire glass on top.
There’s a 2-inch 160×1040 pixels secondary display above the main screen which delivers notifications, reminder, shortcuts and music playback controls. It is powered by a 2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB using a microSD card.
HTC has also added a brand new smart assistant known as Smart Companion. It uses artificial intelligence to learn as you use the phone and offers helpful suggestions. The company has ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack in favour of USB Type-C port and comes bundled with a set of HTC USonic earphones which uses a sonar-like pulse and tiny microphones to analyse the inside of your inner ears.
It sports a 12-megapixel Ultrapixel Rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.55µm pixel, Laser Autofocus, OIS, support 4K video recording. On the front, there is a 16-megapixel Front-facing camera with larger pixel size and f/2.0 aperture lens. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button below the display. The device packs in a 3000mAh non-removable battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with HTC Sense UI on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C & GPS.
HTC U Ultra Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection | 2-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) Super LCD 5 Secondary Display
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 12MP Ultrapixel Rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, Laser Autofocus, OIS, support 4K video recording and a 16MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 162.41×79.79×3.6 ~ 7.99 mm and weighs 161 grams
The HTC U Ultra smartphone comes in Sapphire Blue, Cosmetic Pink, Brilliant Black and Ice White colour options. It can be pre-ordered via HTC.com for US $750 (approximately Rs. 51,000) starting today. It has been priced at NT $23,900 (approximately US $753 / Rs. 51,250) for the standard 64GB variant while the Sapphire glass variant with 128GB variant costs NT $28,900 (approximately US $911 / Rs. 62,000). The smartphone will start shipping from mid-March 2017.