Huawei’s Honor has launched its latest smartphone named Honor Note 8 at an event in China. The Honor Note 8 features a 6.6-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display. It is powered by an octa-core Kirin 955 (Quad 2.5GHz A72 + Quad 1.8GHz A53) processor along with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB / 64GB / 128 GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS and a 8MP Front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The device measures 7.18 mm thickness and weighs 219 grams. It boasts a 4500mAh battery with Fast Charging support.
The smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on the top. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS.
Honor Note 8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.6-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 955 (4 x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8GHz) processor with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS and a 8MP Front-facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS
- Dimensions: 178.8 x 90.9 x 7.18 mm and weighs 219 grams
The Honor Note 8 comes in Gold, Silver & Gray colour options and has been priced at CNY 2299 (Approximately $345 / Rs. 23,000) for the 32GB storage variant, CNY 2499 (Approximately $375 / Rs. 25,000) for the 64GB storage variant and the top-end 128GB variant costs CNY 2799 (Approximately $420 / Rs. 28,000). The smartphone is now up for pre-order through vmall & jd.com and will be available from 9th August in China.